With effect from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has come into effect. We are taking numerous steps to ensure we comply with this new EU regulation that relates to how personal information is stored and processed.
1. About us
Glendecora Ltd trading as Fengari Events own and manage events at the following venues - Hampton Court House, Fortiter (yacht) and Chateau Fengari (France). (Glendecora Ltd is a registered business and the company number is 3664260).
2. About personal data
The data we will use, collect and store may include:
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail addresses
- Other contact details
- Images, audio and video recordings
- Financial information (when making a payment to us)
This data is necessary for us to collect and store to conduct our business in the following ways:
- Allowing access to our website
- Registering and subscribing and using our services
- Meeting our legal obligations
- Fulfilling any purpose we make known to you when we collect your personal information.
3. Collecting, handling and sharing personal data
We collect most of the personal data we process directly from the individual concerned, this can be via our website / email / phone / social media pages. In some cases, we collect data from third parties such as publicly available sources (e.g. the Internet, Companies House). Third parties include the following sources: social networks, payment processing companies, ticketing companies, Google Adwords, Linkedin, Google Analytics, display partners, social networks, 3rd party site plugins.
Personal data held by us is processed by appropriate members of staff for the purposes for which the data was provided. We take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of personal data about individuals, including policies around use of technology and devices. We do not share or sell personal data to other organisations for their own purposes.
4. Purposes for which we process personal data
We collect your data when:
- You let us know you are attending an event at one of our venues. Personal information will include name, address, phone number, email address. This information will be used to communicate with you in the lead up to the event.
- You make a purchase from us. Personal information will include your name, address, email address, bank details. This information will be used to process a booking/order or give you a refund. This information is necessary to complete a transaction.
- You have communicated to us through email, phone, on social media or in person. Personal information may include your contact details and the message that you have sent to us. This information will be used to answer queries, improve our services based on feedback and personalise our service to you. This information is necessary for us to build our customer relationships.
5. How long do we keep your information?
We keep information as needed to provide services and to deal with legal claims.
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary and to deal with claims. It will depend on factors such as whether you’ve got an account with us, have interacted with recent offers or have attended our recent events. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will also retain a copy of your contact details if you object or opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. We will add your details to our suppression list to ensure you do not receive any future marketing communications from us. Also, we will not delete personal data if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
6. Direct marketing
If signing up to our database we may email you about upcoming events at our venues. You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time.
We may use the information you give us on our website for direct marketing purposes to provide updates, newsletters, events or other communications that we think may interest you. We will only do this with your consent (where required by law).
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Legal issues
In some cases we need to collect or retain personal information for legal reasons
Some of the personal information we request is required to provide our services and if it is not provided, we may not be able to provide the relevant products and services to you or provide information you have requested from us. If the personal information is needed to participate in an activity on our website, you may not be able to do so if you do not provide that personal information to us.
In other cases, for example, when we request your personal data to send you marketing and promotional communications to inform you about future events/offers, the lack of such information will mean it is impossible to send you these communications, but it will not have any consequence to the primary purpose of the data collection (to provide the services).
We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute or until applicable law allows for it to be deleted. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved and it can be lawfully deleted.
Any personal information you supply to us through our website / platform/ must be complete and accurate. You also agree to allow us to contact you to verify your personal information, if we need to.
9. Your rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data, outlined below:
- You are entitled to receive from us a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If any information is incorrect you can request that it is changed by us.
- You are entitled to ask us to remove any personal information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances this can be refused by us e.g. if the data is required for a claim.
- With your permission we are able to transfer your data to another party on your behalf, e.g. a supplier.
- Where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
10. Your Right to object
You have a right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances.
Where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
12. How to contact us
If you would like to have more information about our legitimate interests and how we process your data or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy in some way please contact us as set out below:
Hampton Court House Hampton Court Road East Molesey KT8 9BS
Tel: 020 8614 0860
Otherwise we look forward to working with you as usual.